Friday, January 7, 2011

Making bombs and not shaving.

I woke up late yesterday, almost missing my bus to Barcelona. It was the only way possible for me to get to the aeroport so I almost missed the English family!

Then to add to the stress, I remembered that I could be seen as a potential terrorist if I brought all my cleaneries; I was only taking hand luggage - I'm not paying 20 euros extra fuck that! So I was forced to leave my shaving gear and all. I've managed to get hold of some here but what annoys me is that these 'safety controls' don;t make anyone safer. If a terrorist was actually well trained they'd be able to make a bomb with whatever they can buy in the aeroport, which is [uh...] everything they can buy in the real world but at cheaper prices! I mean for goodness sake, there are even aeroport pharmacies! And you can take in a lighter without problems. Ayayay. All these laws are actually only there to make people scared of people with beards and/or browner skin and make people spend lots of money for things you already have. I mean why else would you bother in actually buying duty free? 2 dollars off? Half the size? No thankyou.

What I would have found ironic would have been if my stuble had not been shaved today, due to lack of gear. Getting back through England I may have looked like a dark-haired IRA terrorist ready to set some shit on fire!!!

We are trapped by new norms every day, just to keep capitalism's force going. Now not only do we need to buy unnecesary things but things we already have, we are pretty much forced to!

No comments:

Post a Comment